Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone near Basel Switzerland on here?

Andy R

Sorry...

My paternal great grandparents on one side left Villingen back in the 1860s or 70s - I don't recall exactly off the top of my head. <grin> It's northwest of Zurich. It's north of the main highway about halfway between Zurich and Basel. The major language there is German. Das ist sehr gut. http://www.villigen.ch/portrait/fotoalbum.html

My little sister visited there a year or so ago and found relatives... I dunno about jams in local watering holes.

I don't know if the Backstroke Blues Band is still functioning, but they're quite good, IMHO.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=244829

m

My GF lived in Zurich for 16 years so we have friends in Zurich but none in Basel. According to her "the best thing about Basel is the fast train to Zurich!"

Yes... My passport took that train the last time I was there............ Without me!!!! msp_scared.gif Basel isn't bad... Better than some places I've been.

Andy

Just wondering.....

It's a wonderful place with a lot to do and see. Right there on the Swiss French and Swiss German border with big culture. One of the best meals I've had in my life was in a town in the Black Forest right next to Basel. I'll find out the name from a friend and PM you if you'd like. I'm envious, you're going to have a great time.

It's a wonderful place with a lot to do and see. Right there on the Swiss French and Swiss German border with big culture. One of the best meals I've had in my life was in a town in the Black Forest right next to Basel. I'll find out the name from a friend and PM you if you'd like. I'm envious, you're going to have a great time.

Sounds good. I ate at an old castle I believe right across the German border. It was pretty good.

Archived