Gibson Brands Forums

Who's Gonna Order The First 339?

Elias Graves

Damn, it's only a matter of time...coil taps and nanomag...centre block...fixed neck...decent pups and tuners...

Just one thing worries me. What am I going to upgrade?

the pickup ring screws. put black ones in[tongue]

Nope, no coil taps on the Ultra. They're saving that for the next model. [smile] That's the only thing missing from the Ultras now but it might be a tricky thing for them to do because of the circuit board the pots are attached to. Push pull pots might end up causing cracks in the solder joints on the board if used often or someone is rough with them.

Pete, I was pretty sure they were going to be available in Ebony, there's even pics of them on their press site that you posted the link to. Oops...just checked the press site and the pics of the Ebony are gone, just the Cherry and Vintage there now and on the spec sheet they list Cherry, Vintage and Natural but no Ebony. I might go for the Natural or the Vintage myself.

Pete, I was pretty sure they were going to be available in Ebony, there's even pics of them on their press site that you posted the link to. Oops...just checked the press site and the pics of the Ebony are gone, just the Cherry and Vintage there now and on the spec sheet they list Cherry, Vintage and Natural but no Ebony. I might go for the Natural or the Vintage myself.

I just saw this post, very excited to learn that the 339 is coming out!!! So to learn more I was looking for information on the release and came across this page: http://www.epiphone.com/press/new2011.html which I'm sure you all have seen long before me. However, for what it's worth I did notice on that page that Ebony is listed as one of the 339 models and she is a beaut.

Here are the links to the pics of the Ebony 339 that are listed on that page.

ES-339-EB: jpg 2.4MB

- Controls: jpg 2.5MB

- Bridge: jpg 6.7MB

- Upper Bout: jpg 3.9MB

- Headstock: jpg 2.8MB

- Back: jpg 1.9MB

Is there any information posted somewhere that shows they won't have the Ebony? If so that would be a sad loss :(

Archived