Gibson Brands Forums

I live!

dem00n

you sure you're not in the eye? in 10 minutes you're out of your window hanging onto your keyboard in a horizontal position - RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE MAN!

:)

Good to hear you're safe, 1 down, now it's just Terrorism and the recession to worry about

Glad to hear you're alright, man. I hope none of the fuzz got wet haha

this reminds me of the earthquake. My friend was telling me that her friend who used to live here in Cali moved over to DC or something and she experienced the quake. She said it was a real weak quake but you would have thought it was the end of the world by peoples reactions. They were evacuating buildings and stuff.. Over here when an earthquake like that happens you just say "woah" for like 2 seconds and then get over it.

I dunno maybe their buildings are built to a different standard over there or something so there's more cause for concern. Or maybe those people have just never felt an earthquake so they're trippin out. Dunno..

Glad your all good though

Good to be alive and to experience a little nature.

Nothing wrong celebrating dodging disaster.

A hurricane or tornado would freak me out. If the wind gets to 40 mph, when I hear it on my house I have to wonder what could happen.

One of the reasons the buildings in Cali are more reliable in a quake is because the the ones that can't hack it have already been shaken down.

Stein...

A 40 mph wind is awfully typical here year-round. There's an occasional tornado and heavy thunderstorm (I hate hail that's bigger than the size of a pea - it destroys vehicle bodies, roofs and such), but the real hassle comes from blizzards in the winter.

That said, I think it's almost certainly less traumatic in ways for people who live in rural areas as long as lives are not lost. Except for water, I could have all travel and utilities cut immediately and get along fairly comfortably for a couple of weeks, and I'm a town kid. Most natives here are pretty much the same - not unlike hurricane folks in the south eastern US and the earthquake folks on the west coast.

It's the stuff we lack some experience with that can be of most concern.

Here's hopes our other East Coasters come out of the storm as well as Demoon...

m

Last time I checked 10 people have died due to this storm. Feel free to not down play it anytime.

20 + people a day are shot in NYC, feel free to not play that down anytime.....Just sayin'.....

If it were a biblical storm, it would have been, " Hurry Caine !!!! Able's coming !!!!!! "

It was a big wind storm..............With rain........................

20 + people a day are shot in NYC, feel free to not play that down anytime.....Just sayin'.....

If it were a biblical storm, it would have been, " Hurry Caine !!!! Able's coming !!!!!! "

It was a big wind storm..............With rain........................

So...Damian, you are a genius.

Killed by hurricane+amount of murders-average murders=lives not lost.

Irene may have SAVED lives.

So...Damian, you are a genius.

Killed by hurricane+amount of murders-average murders=lives not lost.

Irene may have SAVED lives.

Yes !!!!!!!! It's all part of my " Numbers don't kill people, math does " campaign !!!!!!!!!

Or is it the other way around.....hmmmm........

Archived