Gibson Brands Forums

LP Special II vs. Dot Studio

EpiphoneFan1989

hello :lol:

sorry for my bad english. i´m from east germany [blush]

i´m a beginner and i have some questions. in the next to weeks i get my epiphone lp special II. i play just for fun and i think thats guitar is good enough for that. but i want to buy in the end of the year the dot studio because i love semi hollows. but the price...

unfortunately the real dot ist for me too much expensive because i can´t work because of badly illness [crying]

is the dot studio a good addition to the lp special II? or is the sound nearly the same?

thank you [thumbup]

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)

The Dot would be a good addition. It has a set neck, and different pickups. It will also have separate knobs (4 total) for controlling volume and tone. It may sound similar, but I think it would probably have more of a "warmer tone" to it. And it would be so much more versatile.

On the other hand, if you want a second guitar that sounds a lot different than your Special II, you might consider getting a Squire Strat or Tele. Or anything with single coil pickups.

They are making some very nice models nowadays. With the single coils, 9.5 radius, etc. you would have a guitar that sounds, and feels very different.

Good luck in your quest. Let us know what you decide to get.

Brad [biggrin]

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)

The Dot would be a good addition. It has a set neck, and different pickups. It will also have separate knobs (4 total) for controlling volume and tone.

Brad [biggrin]

Brad, the Dot Studios only have 1 Volume & 1 Tone controls like the Special. However, I also think that it would be a good addition to the Special II. It will sound very different and regardless of the pickup control configuration, it will still be a versatile guitar.

thank you for the answers [smile]

i know the squire guitars are good for beginners too and the price is very good but i like the warmer humbucker sound. and i´m a big epiphone fan and dreamed for years to own a epiphone electric :lol: i think i´ll take the dot studio. i like it and the worn cherry finish looks awesome.

but for now I'm looking forward to my lp special II. it´s my first epiphone and the first electric guitar i´ll own. only two weeks. \:D/

edit:

gibt's immer noch Ost-Deutschland ?

and Welcome here [cool]

habe manchmal den eindruck [lol] und danke fürs willkommen heissen

Archived