Gibson Brands Forums

Ultra 339

Robert1950

Okay, I haven't been here for a really long time, but the Ultra 339, to be released around November or so, has REALLY has has caught my eye. Listing this on the Press Site and at NAMM 2011 before it's release around November 2011 is really unfair, almost torture. Being a person of meager means, this is a guitar that fits my deluxe noodling desires. Before this, I haven't met a Gibson ES339 I didn't like.

I think the 339 will be sold out almost right away, like you there are a lot of people who never met a 339 they didn't like.

I want one in the burst finish, which I plan to cut a gibby headstock on, and turn the gloss poly finish into a more vintage satin finish.

It's coming up the first chance I get, problem here in Canada is that this forum is light years ahead of your typical Epi salesman, here's how it went when I spoke to a veteran sales guy in one of Southern Ontario's biggest Epi dealers recently;

Q. do you guys have any of the new Epi 339 models in stock, or are they even available now, if not are you planning on getting some in?

Sales guy. (while surveying the wall of Epi's in stock) ah..... no it looks like we don't, do you know if there are any at our other locations? let me ask someone.... So, Epi's making a 339 now, wow, do you mean the Dot? we have some of those...but they're not the same as a 339, are you sure? I don't think Epi makes a 339.

Q. do you guys have any of the new Epi 339 models in stock, or are they even available now, if not are you planning on getting some in?

Sales guy. (while surveying the wall of Epi's in stock) ah..... no it looks like we don't, do you know if there are any at our other locations? let me ask someone.... So, Epi's making a 339 now, wow, do you mean the Dot? we have some of those...but they're not the same as a 339, are you sure? I don't think Epi makes a 339.

Sounds about right. I get the same thing from the sales people here in Edmonton. But, let's face it, most of those guys are musicians of one caliber or another, and don't spend a lot of time researching the products they sell.

Sounds about right. I get the same thing from the sales people here in Edmonton. But, let's face it, most of those guys are musicians of one caliber or another, and don't spend a lot of time researching the products they sell.

ouch!

Archived