Gibson Brands Forums

custom silverburst

gtgtgt

*Sigh*~

There are just so many fakes out there on the bay, making it very hard for newbies to identify. [thumbdn]

I almost fell into the trap once, and was fortunate enough to be able to pull back the bid, thanks to these forums which has provided very useful information in watching for counterfeiters! [thumbup]

However, the Australian market is making it very expensive to buy, as they have high import tax and shipping fees included in the price. Yet, for my first les paul, I personally would still prefer to pay that extra dollars, in making sure my first beloved guitar is a genuine one. After all, it's my hard earn money, didn't want to waste it, nor keep having nightmares that it might be a fake.

Anyway, it's my own opinion & approach.

Ian,

Rob (Rastus) says he buys his guitars from the US (I'm not sure but I think that he may have mentioned that MF do deliver them in Oz).

That may be one way to save some money and still be able to get the guitar you would like.

Maybe he'll see this and post or you can always PM him and ask him about it.

He'll be able to also tell you how the customs tax work in that regard.

In any case, the guys here are always happy to help [smile]

Rob (Rastus) says he buys his guitars from the US (I'm not sure but I think that he may have mentioned that MF do deliver them in Oz).

That may be one way to save some money and still be able to get the guitar you would like.

Maybe he'll see this and post or you can always PM him and ask him about it.

He'll be able to also tell you how the customs tax work in that regard.

Thanks Xaj, I've already explained the procedure to Ian in another thread, buying from overseas does take a certain leap of faith i suppose and Ian just isn't ready to make that leap at this stage.

@Ian, if you need any more advice on anything I still have that PM session with you open, just let me know.

EDIT: not just from US, also from Japan, China, UK, Netherlands, Sweeden, NZ, Canada and Germany.

Archived