Gibson Brands Forums

SG G-310 Emily the Strange Neck Replacement

Bass Geek

Hi guys,

I have this beautiful Epiphone LTD G-310 Emily the Strange that I got from my big brother as he moved to another country (SJ serial)

I found out that, the tip of truss rod(where you can adjust) is pushed back to 2-3 fret location.

I want to post the picture, but I set the guitar up today with new string, so, I am really sorry about that.

So, I want to know whether noraml G-310 neck can fit the neck,

or I should get neck from Emily series(Hopefully)

I want to keep the originality, as it was a gift from my big brother.

I know it is a cheap guitar, but it is still really a meaningful guitar for me.

Cheers

////

I just checked the truss rod again, and i found out that there was a missing part where we adjust the truss rod.

Can i replace it? I mean, of course i will give that to repair shop, but if they can't solve it,

I'd rather change neck :(

Doesn't the Emily Strange guitar have a fretboard with eyes on it and a headstock with crazy Emily designs all over it? If you replace the neck with something else all that will be gone.

My best advice would be to take it to a repair shop and let them fix what could be wrong with the truss rod. Don't replace the Emily neck with an ordinary SG neck.

Epiphone_SG_Emily_The_Strange_by_lazagainst.jpg

I have absolutely no idea who or what "Emily the Strange" is, but I've always thought it was an interesting guitar.

Live Strange & Prosper...

There IS something... arrrgh... strangely attractive about those geets!

Thanks guys,

I have contacted repairman, and he said it will cost about 10 dollars, so, I am going to get that thing replaced (hopefully)

but, if that is a truss rod problem, I might have think one more time.

and I am not going to change neck, but fix it,

as it is really meaningful guitar to me

Cheers

I just got me an Emily the Strange SG guitar as well, and yup... you reeeeeeeally don't wanna loose either the cat's eye @12th fret and the swirly design of the headstock. Just change the tuners... >.<

I will be posting something soon, I think I finished modding a little bit my Emi :D

PS: Change the nut as well... >.<

Did you read the OP?

Because changing tuners won't do a thing to fix the problem with the truss rod! [confused]

I know... that's why I told him not to change the neck... there was one for sale on ebay, but it's gone now. I was just tryin' to let him know MY findings about the guitar (since I own the same one)... *sigh*

Archived