Gibson Brands Forums

few pics of my new studio faded

paulsmulebarn

thanks! I thought so' date=' too.[/quote']

I'm looking again at the photos you posted and I'm puzzled. You call that color "faded cherryburst" but there are lots of reds and yellows on that guitar to be a faded, or at least so I was told. That really doesn't look like the faded heritage cherry sunburst I saw on some other photos like this one.

Is faded cherryburst not the same as faded heritage cherry sunburst?

Oh and I have to say again that your guitar looks GREAT!

I'm looking again at the photos you posted and I'm puzzled. You call that color "faded cherryburst" but there are lots of reds and yellows on that guitar to be a faded' date=' or at least so I was told. That really doesn't look like the faded heritage cherry sunburst I saw on some other photos like this one.

Is faded cherryburst not the same as faded heritage cherry sunburst?

Oh and I have to say again that your guitar looks GREAT!

thanks...it does look good. this is indeed the faded heritage cherry. it really is much better looking than what i expected. i believe the pics on Musiciansfriend and other web retailers are from the tobacco sunburst faded, which they don't make any longer.

thanks...it does look good. this is indeed the faded heritage cherry. it really is much better looking than what i expected. i believe the pics on Musiciansfriend and other web retailers are from the tobacco sunburst faded' date=' which they don't make any longer.[/quote']

I'll go to a store Monday and check one out. Please do post more photos when you get them. Thanks!

that's way too much work' date=' and at this point, probly way over my skill level as well. I'll save the binding for my p90 goldtop.[/quote']

I made up my mind and went to a store at lunch to buy a faded, just like your. There was a Fireburst there also. I couldn't decide so I bought none. The faded was faster to play but I couldn't make my mind about the prettier...

Although your guitar was one of the few I have seen where the black plastic looks pretty cool with a burst, of course it looks much more traditional this way with the creme. I just love altering guitars like that. It's easy and almost like you have a new axe.

Although your guitar was one of the few I have seen where the black plastic looks pretty cool with a burst' date=' of course it looks much more traditional this way with the creme. I just love altering guitars like that. It's easy and almost like you have a new axe. [/quote']

i know what you mean...honestly it's much more fun to play now, and it's so damn attractive. i took some time and buffed the top with some Finesse It II and man, does that top look good. i'm impressed with the grain on the maple cap.

Archived