Gibson Brands Forums

What Epiphone model+Colour?

BurntGlory

Hello,

I have an Epiphone les paul (1st picture) with serial nurmber: U00080672, Unsung Korea august 2000.

I wonder wich colour and model it is, I only saw an Epi LP twelve string (2nd picture) with almost the same colour.

They say that it's a vintage sunburst but the colour is to red/brown for a vintage sunburst and to dark for a honey burst..

On the unofficial Epiphone wiki I read that Epiphone LP Plus-Tops are made from 2003..

So if somebody knows wich model and colour it is please let me know couse I'm very curious! [rolleyes]

DSC01650.jpg

Lp12.jpg

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Looks like it could be a VS Standard Plus Top to me.

It would be nice to see a better pic of the whole guitar. One that shows the headstock.

I wouldn't say it isn't but i looked at some photo's and it looks like it is too dark for an VS model.. (but I don't have much light here now..) soo ill make some photo's with the whole guitar so you can see it better ;D

Prior to the Plaintop/Plustop designations, the LP Standard came in all varieties; painted, plain, flame, etc. They were just called Les Paul Standard. Sometime after 2000 (and my wiki dates could be off by a year or two) the Standard had a painted top, the plaintops were transluscent with plain maple underneath and the plustops were flame, quilted & birdseye maple. This makes things a little confusing because although the "plustop" series didnt begin until 2003-ish, Epiphone has still made flame maple LPs since 1989.

I think my dates were posssiblly from catalogues, but I'm still missing a few to get the dates exact. I'll go back and double check them later.

Also, the Vintage Sunburst finish seems to vary from year to year, plant to plant and guitar to guitar. It seems, though, that the Antique Sunburst finish gets confused with the Vintage Sunburst finish fairly often. Tobacco Burst as well. Take your pick and call it what you want. Thats how Epiphone rolls.

Prior to the Plaintop/Plustop designations, the LP Standard came in all varieties; painted, plain, flame, etc. They were just called Les Paul Standard. Sometime after 2000 (and my wiki dates could be off by a year or two) the Standard had a painted top, the plaintops were transluscent with plain maple underneath and the plustops were flame, quilted & birdseye maple. This makes things a little confusing because although the "plustop" series didnt begin until 2003-ish, Epiphone has still made flame maple LPs since 1989.

I think my dates were posssiblly from catalogues, but I'm still missing a few to get the dates exact. I'll go back and double check them later.

Also, the Vintage Sunburst finish seems to vary from year to year, plant to plant and guitar to guitar. It seems, though, that the Antique Sunburst finish gets confused with the Vintage Sunburst finish fairly often. Tobacco Burst as well. Take your pick and call it what you want. Thats how Epiphone rolls.

Thanks man, ill call it tobacco burst ;P

Archived