Gibson Brands Forums

p94's in a sheraton

one-e

I have a Korean made Sheraton II with p94's in them and I would highly recommend them.

The stock pickups were pretty dark and muddy, these and a high quality bridge and wiring harness fixed all the problems I was having with sound. Made a great guitar totally fantastic.

I have a Korean made Sheraton II with p94's in them and I would highly recommend them.

The stock pickups were pretty dark and muddy, these and a high quality bridge and wiring harness fixed all the problems I was having with sound. Made a great guitar totally fantastic.

Barking up virtually the same alley with the exception of the tailpiece & bling, the Valensi Riviera sounds sweet with it's stock P94 pickups. A wonderful choice for a semi-hollowbody.

...Or a solid body; I'm still loving my LPC with P94s. any excuse to post a pic.

2011-05-28145334.jpg

Wow. Beautiful guitar. Has the mid '50's LPC look.

Did you guys know that you can swap magnets in P-90's (each has two magnets in it), and mix and match any two magnets? In my bridge P-90's I use: A8/A5, A8/A4, UOA5/UOA5, and A4/A4 to get more mids and tame the treble. In a neck P-90, I'll use an A5/A4 if I need to thicken up the tone, or an A5/A3 to brighten it. BTW, P-94's, like most P-90's, have twin A5's, which have lots of treble and bass, and scooped mids. That's usually great in the neck, but too bright and thin for me in the bridge. I like more mids and muscle.

Archived