Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Crestwood

one-e

Hello

Years ago I had a vintage Epiphone Crestwood. It had a beautiful flame body, nice fret inlays, bound headstock.

Does anyone know what model it could have been? Most that I see have dot fret markers and no binding.

Any ideas?

thanks

Did it have a "bolt-on" neck? If so, it was probably a Japanese version.

If it was a '60's Kalamazoo USA version, with a set neck, it sounds like it might have been a Crestwood Custom...hard to tell, without photos.

Did it a have 3+3 (tuning key) heastock, or the 6 in a line, type? Full sized humbuckers, or mini's? But, a Figured top, leads me to think it's (probably) Japanese.

Try a Google (image) search, for Epiphone Crestwood's, and/or Japanese Epiphone Crestwoods. You should find one, maybe even many photos.

CB

I dont recall any of the Crestwoods or ETs having flame tops on them. If they did, they probably werent standard. The only "Crestwood" that I know of that definitely came with a flame top option was the Crestwood II. But that was even less of a crestwood than the ET Series guitars.

Also, Crestwood Customs from 1961-1969 had oval inlays.The Crestwood Deluxe had block inlays.

The Crestwood Custom from 1961-1962 had 3x3 tuners and oval inlays.

Cretwood Custom 1961-1962

300px-CrestwoodCustom1.jpg

Crestwood Custom 1963-1969

300px-1965crestwood.jpg

Crestwood Deluxe

300px-CrestwoodDeluxe.jpg

ET-290 (The only ET without dot inlays)

300px-Et290.jpg

I dont recall any of the Crestwoods or ETs having flame tops on them. If they did, they probably werent standard. The only "Crestwood" that I know of that definitely came with a flame top option was the Crestwood II. But that was even less of a crestwood than the ET Series guitars.

Also, Crestwood Customs from 1961-1969 had oval inlays.The Crestwood Deluxe had block inlays.

The Crestwood Custom from 1961-1962 had 3x3 tuners and oval inlays.

Cretwood Custom 1961-1962

300px-CrestwoodCustom1.jpg

Crestwood Custom 1963-1969

300px-1965crestwood.jpg

Crestwood Deluxe

300px-CrestwoodDeluxe.jpg

ET-290 (The only ET without dot inlays)

300px-Et290.jpg

The one on the bottom!!!!!

It was the ET290 in the bottom picture! Thanks....When I bought I was told it was a Crestwood (no model numbers were given) Thanks for the help. It had a bolt on super straight great playing neck, but was a little to neck heavy for me when standing. Had to send it on to someone else to enjoy.

thanks again one-e

Archived