Gibson Brands Forums

"My Dream Bikes"

Aster1

I know nothing about motorcycles, nor do I care. I do loves me some Mammoth Hotel and we hope to stay at Canyon in 2013, autumn trip. Just back from there, yer pictures are killin me! Looks like you were over at Hoover or that other big lake recreation area as well, and some nice red rock! Utah? We go same places, different ways of doing it is all.

rct

Yeah, Mammoth Hot springs is a great place and so is Canyon. We love the hike on the "south rim" of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. One of the lakes is Buffalo Bill Cody lake (Cody WY) and the other is along the Beartooth Pass MT. That was a fun ride, but scary switchbacks & 1500' drops from the road. No road guard rails that I can recall. Just all the poles for the snow plows to keep on the road in the winter. The red hills are on the "Chief Joseph Byway. What a ride that is too. Beautiful. Next time will detour and visit the Bozeman MT. acoustic factory for a tour. That's on the bucket list for sure.

We were trapped in a crowd of stopped vehicles & people with the Mamma Griz. Bear. She had adopted 2 cubs with her own 1. People were not more than 40' away from her taken photo's. [scared] If a bear or something big & bad is heading my way in a group of people my motto is this. "I only have to be faster than the slowest person." I watched her move a tree log that was down with one paw. The log had to have weighed 300-400 lbs. She moved it up the incline she was on easier than I would have moved a sack of sugar. They are so strong & fast too.

Aster

This trip we finally got on the Beartooth, spent the night in Red Lodge and headed into YNP next day. It was a nice ride! Going To The Sun Road up in Glacier is next up from that, and the king of all is Trail Ridge Road at the top of Rocky Mountain National Park. That one is the one everyone should do, along with Glenwood Canyon on 70 west of Denver.

Two weeks in YNP, we lost count of Grizzlies, day and night. Big year for them, guy got mauled on Mary Mountain trail just as we were leaving YNP for Glacier, we had just been on that side of Mary Mountain!

Recorded wolves, north Lamar Valley, 4.30am, August 22nd. Awesome, prolly half a dozen around us, couple a good 5 miles down the valley answering. It was a great trip! Next year, 12/21/12 (hopefully) sitting in The Snow Lodge, waiting for Yellowstone to blow up, can't wait!

rct

Yeah, but the big question is, when Yellowstone blows up, what Guitar do you want to be playing? [flapper]

My favorite bike company is, of course, Harley Davidson. Favorite group would be "The Beatles" and Rock is my favorite Genre. Close 2nd Bluegrass. Other fav. groups CCR, Jimi H, Pink Floyd & many of the old Rock-o-billy's that are to many to list.

Ride on - ride on.

Aster

Archived