Gibson Brands Forums

'61 P90 SG

SketchyEtchy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much? Might invest in one.

The Schaller 456 is $89 Euro according to Pete. But there are other options with a smaller footprint and probably cheaper. I'm not sure what off hand. I had this bridge laying around and used it. Check out my SG Junior mod thread if you want to see what it looks like on the guitar.

Well, that sounds kinda shaky. Can't a tune o matic just slide into the existing posts, or would it need a whole new bridge?

No. A Tune-o-matic bridge setup is really a two piece bridge that consists of the bridge and a stopbar. The tune-o-matic part has the saddles on it and the stopbar hold the ball-ends and creates the break angle.

A wraparound is just one piece. Its basically a stopbar with a built-in saddle (more akin to a compensated acoustic saddle) and the strings loading from the front and wrapping around the back to the top creating the break angle.

The best thing to do is find an aftermarket wraparound with better saddles. Something with divets or V shaped slots to hold the strings in the right place.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived