Gibson Brands Forums

Just in case.

Steven Tari

Guest farnsbarns

Stew MAC send me a catalogue about every 6 weeks. Great company, their newsletter is brilliant to, suggest signing up for both!

Be aware that Ed Roman's reputation in the industry is pretty poor. That means nothing really, make your own mind up.

Guest farnsbarns

Be careful with any of Ed Romans information. He likes to imply that Gibsons are made in China too. Grain of salt.

Yep, Ed has a reputation of being a bit nuts. He ALWAYS goes against the general concensus. I've heard that his wood is badly stored and conditioned too. He was building guitars in Nevada, which has all the wrong conditions. I believe his huge store in Las Vegas has closed and he had been forced into a much smaller store (also in Las Vegas?), don't know if he is still in Nevada.

He falls out with manufacturer after manufacturer and supplyer after supplyer. He makes outrageous claims about other people and never backs them up.

Now he might be right about BRW, who knows, but his opinion is the last I would trust. Further more, 59 bursts, the holy grail, had BRW boards and I don't think many were swapped out for obeche.

He also believes LPs are inherantly bad guitars (even the creme of the vintage crop) so he basically disagrees with 90% of players.

Archived