Gibson Brands Forums

Double Ring Kluson Tuners.

Aster1

Hi Everyone & thanks for reading.

I have single ring Kluson tuners on my J-160E and wanted to change to the more vintage correct double ring style. I see double ring knobs only available as sets. Do these just press on/pull off or are these style knobs glued? My question is how do you change out just the knobs?

Thanks for the council.

Aster

Well, I shifted gears. Found the complete Kluson tuners with the double knobs for $8 more than just the knobs alone. Jumped on that one. Just arrived. Looks like they may just swap out, I hope, I hope, I hope.

Will post some photo's when I get a chance to get'er done.

Thanks for the help everyone. I will keep that knob change technique for some others I may need to refresh in the near future.

Aster

Guest BentonC

Well, I shifted gears. Found the complete Kluson tuners with the double knobs for $8 more than just the knobs alone. Jumped on that one. Just arrived. Looks like they may just swap out, I hope, I hope, I hope.

Will post some photo's when I get a chance to get'er done.

Thanks for the help everyone. I will keep that knob change technique for some others I may need to refresh in the near future.

Aster

Cool- where'd you find them?

Found them on Ebay. HD Custom Guitar had them.

Here's my Gibson Fuller '62 Reissue with one side with the new double ring Kluson's. What ya'll think?

Any improvement in look? Got to find my correct TRC for this guy. Took it off to adj. the neck (they've all been moving around alot this fall) and don't know which "safe place" I put the dang thing in.

I believe I'm going to get me a nice SLR Digital Camera for my Christmas present to myself (my wife, and I love her, always gets me things that she wants me to like, and that she likes). :rolleyes: I'm really easy, Harley stuff or Guitar stuff. My camera is great for vacation photo's but I just hate the auto focus & auto exposure stuff. Can't get a crisp, flash burnless, image to save me.

Aster

J-160ETuners.jpg

J-160EFrtTuners.jpg

Archived