Gibson Brands Forums

Help Please! What Epiphone guitar is this?

amaclellan

Hello everyone! I'm brand spankin' new to the Gibson forums, and have landed here with hopes of identifying an Epiphone guitar which was sold in the early 90's by a bandmate.

Unfortunately, I have no serial numbers (which would make this too easy) but I have a few pictures i'm going to try to attach to this thread.. if i'm able to as a new user.

The guitar was all original, as near as we could tell.. and was a great, light guitar to play. It had two humbucker style pickups, and a different pick guard. The toggle switch is on the pickguard.. underneath the front pickup. Two volume, two tone, with the input jack in-between them. No whammy bar (that I can remember).

I'm thinking this would make an awesome christmas gift to my old guitarist, as he sold the guitar about 12 years ago.

I have been searching around the interwebs - ebay and such trying to find it.. the most I can find is a 62 wilshire.. or the new to come Wilshire Phant-o-matic which are great guitars and all, but not exactly it.

I appreciate any links or models that point me in the right direction. Thanks.

post-36729-006027600 1319386872_thumb.jpg

post-36729-064517000 1319386878_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-Epiphone-Gibson-ET-278-Crestwood-Made-Japan-Black-Custom-Aria-/380377031379?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3682804246843605197#ht_4795wt_1392

this may be it the ole Crestwood!

and Welcome to the forums! as a relatively new member myself, I have found this place is filled with good folks and great knowledge!

I would vote that it's an ET-275. If you look at the photos you posted, that guitar has the Vibrato tailpiece on it. Maybe he lost his whammy bar or took it off or it was already missing when he got the guitar but the tailpiece is definitely there.

Archived