Gibson Brands Forums

Is it my imagination, or is there a lot more censorship taking place on the forum???

onewilyfool

An analogy which might be of some interest if not use.

I have been a life-long cricket fan. The spirit in which the game is played is more important than the rules; a philosophy that is taught to young cricketers as soon as they start playing. That said, the art of "sledging" (or insulting one's opponent while not breaching the spirit of the game) is a feature of the game where players can let off team and have a good laugh at the same time.

My favourite sledge involves Glenn McGrath, the legendary former Australian Test bowler and Eddo Brandes, a portly Zimbabwean batsman:

Mcgrath: "Hey Eddo, why are you so fat?"

Eddo Brandes: "Because everytime I **** your wife, she throws me a biscuit"

Apparently the Aussies were laughing uncontrollably for several minutes afterwards.

GREAT story!

Reminds me of a true story....back when I was a production foreman at Peterbilt Motors, the shift was over, and the guys were getting ready to clock out....

but us supervisors had to work OT.... guy says to me, "Well, I'm going home to make love to my wife and your girlfriend!"

I said back to him, "Well sure, that's 'cause your wife IS my girlfriend!"

I've lately had several posts dissappear...WITHOUT explanation.....AND entire threads are just vanishing???!!!.....What the heck is going on???

In a word; Yes.

I suspect DuaneV is no longer on the road and able to devote more time to parenting the board.

Good Job Duane! [thumbup]

GREAT story!

Reminds me of a true story....back when I was a production foreman at Peterbilt Motors, the shift was over, and the guys were getting ready to clock out....

but us supervisors had to work OT.... guy says to me, "Well, I'm going home to make love to my wife and your girlfriend!"

I said back to him, "Well sure, that's 'cause your wife IS my girlfriend!"

Haha. Good one.

Archived