Gibson Brands Forums

I forgot just how good these guys could play the blues!

larryp58

Ive never been able to master the art of keeping a ciggie in the mouth while playing at same time
Fortunately not an essential skill for music-making.

As for acoustic preferences, KRs interest in smaller boxes dates at least from the mid-70s (have seen pics of him on tour with a 000, but he's not consistent. In the film this clip is from, he also plays a 000 slot-head, an SJ, and a D18. Not to mention the electrics.

Great musicians, loved it and agree so good to see they are still around and we can experience it.

But I was thinking how great it would sound if Keef was playing a vintage Gibby. I personally thought the Martin sounded just ok in terms of tone. I was hearing a Gibson ghost in my mind being played in the background instead ..

Exile on Main Street?

Didn't know Mick could play the harmonica, nice one.

EA, this is one reason we old guys hang out in this forum: to point out to you young whippersnappers where your roots really lie. If you go back and listen to early Stones albums, you'll find a fair amount of harp. That's Mick. He's always been good. (Much better than Lennon on "Love Me, Do" for example, and I'm a big Lennon and Beatles fan.)

Yes, these Rolling Stones geezers are more than just a bunch of pretty faces. [lol]

EA, this is one reason we old guys hang out in this forum: to point out to you young whippersnappers where your roots really lie. If you go back and listen to early Stones albums, you'll find a fair amount of harp. That's Mick. He's always been good. (Much better than Lennon on "Love Me, Do" for example, and I'm a big Lennon and Beatles fan.)

Yes, these Rolling Stones geezers are more than just a bunch of pretty faces. [lol]

ROFL.... [lol][lol][thumbup]

Face it! With lips like Mick's....IF he DIDN,T blow good harp, well, he missed a damn good chance.... [lol][lol]

Archived