Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Senior.... What hapened?

vexorgtr

It's wierd... a Valve Senior showed up (just one) at a local shop... I played it, thought it was awesome, and bought it. Never again did one arrive there, only a small ammount of vendors ever offered them, and now there's no more made...

I thought this amp was a real winner.

I have both the BC, and the VS... VS wins in sound overall. BC sounds better after a speaker swap... VS is awesome stock.

There's NO Gibson amps being made now... What the heck?

Probably just a business decision. Good or bad, Gibson/Epiphone have never really had a stellar reputation for amplifiers.

It's a crowded market in all categories, and everybody wants a Fender, Marshall, Vox, Eggnater, or some boutique amp.

On the plus side, for those of us that have Seniors and Specials, they will become ultra rare and command huge sums of money inthe future. :rolleyes:

Mine is the Combo... but it's all good. The simplicity is what makes it work so well I do believe.

The Epi tube amps were a working man's winner I thought... the Gibson branded amps were never anything to disrespect, but I think they were made in small enough quantities that they didn't get "Picked Up"... I've got an old Skylark that's quite a pretty bird.

I almost sold my Blues custom 30 and decided to keep it. I've sold off my Carr Mercury and Fender Blues Deluxe and I think If I need to I'll sell me Fender Twin and keep the BC30. I think it sounds wonderful and it is far more versatile than the aforementioned. It really is a darling and all I've done is rolled the stock tubes out. The driver and all else is stock it she sounds sweet to me. Though she cost far less than my other amps (Bassman, Vibroverb, Twin) she is not embarrassed by them at a fraction of the cost. That is saying a lot; And she looks great too!

Picture756.jpg

Archived