Those Es-339s are real pretty though.

Any differences in tone or playability?

I did hear that the fit and finish is better

on the ES-339 than the Midtown.

I've heard good things about both.

A $500 price difference makes the Midtown

worth trying.

Those Es-339s are real pretty though.

I just bought one and can honsetly say the Midtown Custom is as good as any guitar I have tried in build quality.Especially the finish.One beautiful guitar.The tone is typically what you would find on a semihollow.I bought the vintage sunburst and it is one beautiful guitar.Probably my favorite neck out of any I have played.

I just picked one up today in heritage cherry sunburst and can't put it down. Plays like butter has all the traits of the 335 minus the weight. I will post pics later:):):):)

Wow ,I havent seen anyone that had that finish in stock.Definately need some pics.

Just received my Vintage Sunburst Midtown Classic and it's excellent! As good as it gets! Highly recommended.

Congrats!Welcome to the Midtown Club and welcome to the Vintage Sunburst brotherhood. This particular sunburst is one of the nicest I have seen yet. IMO.

Congrats!Welcome to the Midtown Club and welcome to the Vintage Sunburst brotherhood. This particular sunburst is one of the nicest I have seen yet. IMO.

I toured the Gibson plant with my extended family of non players yesterday. They left with a new respect for the guitar building process and my lifelong obsession with Gibson.

It was a real treat! I was surprised to see how much work is still done by hand. The craftspeople are so full of pride and it shows in their work. There was a lady spraying Vintage Sunburst finishes, taking the utmost care. I'll post photos soon.

I toured the Gibson plant with my extended family of non players yesterday. They left with a new respect for the guitar building process and my lifelong obsession with Gibson.

It was a real treat! I was surprised to see how much work is still done by hand. The craftspeople are so full of pride and it shows in their work. There was a lady spraying Vintage Sunburst finishes, taking the utmost care. I'll post photos soon.

I would love to see the pics.Someday I would like to take that tour.I wondered what exactly "handcrafted in Nashville, TN" means as reguards to the Midtown means.Is it hand made or just a distinction from not made in the custom shop.Just curious.

Here's a few pics from my recent factory tour. Several shots of Midtown models in process. That was a really great time! The workers were so nice, letting the kids spray stuff in the booth, speaking with us...They really enjoy their work and take a lot of pride in what they do. I'm enjoying the Midtown Classic more each day. The perfect semi-hollow for what I do.

Gibson6.jpg

Gibson8.jpg

Gibson3.jpg

Gibson2.jpg

Gibson1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The more I play this guitar the more I love it. I've got mine strung with D'Addario XL125 strings (9-46). I wish I knew why the BurstBuckers sound so much better in this guitar than they did in the Les Pauls I've owned. I think that Gibson made a smart move with the Midtown models as far as the market place is concerned. Time will tell.

Joe

Archived