Gibson Brands Forums

Problem COA (To admin)

michel

Hello admin, I recently bought new in store a LP WP reissue 56 ' and the COA was not included. Doesn't the salesman find it, is it possible to receive one by Gibson from them? and knowledge which to contact, thank you in advance

Where are you located?

I know when I bought a Custom Shop guitar in 2008, I found out that the Canadian distributor (Yorkville) would hang on to all the COAs and the store would have to request it after the guitar was sold. The problem was, some of the stores were not aware of this so guitars got sold without COAs.

I'm not sure if this has changed in the last three years...

Unless your dealer can pull some strings, the guitar has to physically go to Gibson in Nashville. Try taking it back to the store and have them send it back to Gibson at their own expense.

thanks , I will see with the store, but I doubt that it renvoye the guitar in the USA

Where are you located?

I know when I bought a Custom Shop guitar in 2008, I found out that the Canadian distributor (Yorkville) would hang on to all the COAs and the store would have to request it after the guitar was sold. The problem was, some of the stores were not aware of this so guitars got sold without COAs.

I'm not sure if this has changed in the last three years...

Thancks, I am in France, the store where I bought it sells the guitar with the COA, but there it have to lose it can be, it is what I think

I do believe all distributors outside of the U.S.A Pull all the Paper work except the How to maintain your Guitar pamphlet..

Yorkville Sound in Canada does that.. It to me is a Joke.. You pay Top dollar for a Guitar to have it only come Partially raped of Paper Work,,, then even take the Warranty cards.. we get a year on New guitars here.. after that were Hooped..

Ask your dealer.. the Distributor has the paper work..

Hi Michel,

Please refer to the email that I have sent to you. If the dealer can't find back the COA anymore, the guitar can be sent back to Gibson Europe for identification, but on your own expenses.

The dealers should always check first if they have received the COA before selling the guitar.

Kind regards,

Stijn

Archived