Gibson Brands Forums

fantastic strings!!

wonderful remark

I have been using Elixers P/B and 80/20 for 4 years now..

and I really got sick of paying $20+ for a set.. and I have a few guitars.. and this adds up..

So I have been trying.. so many different strings: DR sunbeam, EXP P/B , Martin SP, John Pearse.. and etc..

But... Last week, I bought the cheapest strings EJ16.. for $6.99..

but MAN!! Are they ever fantastic!!..

They feel very nice on my fingers and the sound is fantastic, I really enjoy it..

I truly recommend them!!

You mean the D'Addario EJ16s? Both those and the EJ17s are great strings..... reasonably priced, sound great, easily accessible, can't beat that. I've got the EJ17s on now and my guitar is so loud I'm going back to the EJ16s, just as soon as I try the EFT FlatTops.

Although I've been experimenting with different strings, EJ-16's have been my strings of choice for about 20 years. A great combination of sound and cost. A good bang for the buck! I have Elixer Nano 80/20 bronze lights on my J-45 right now and they have impressed me. My first time with the bronze and they sound good with the spruce/mahog.

I have been using Elixers P/B and 80/20 for 4 years now..

and I really got sick of paying $20+ for a set.. and I have a few guitars.. and this adds up..

So I have been trying.. so many different strings: DR sunbeam' date=' EXP P/B , Martin SP, John Pearse.. and etc..

But... Last week, I bought the cheapest strings EJ16.. for $6.99..

but MAN!! Are they ever fantastic!!..

They feel very nice on my fingers and the sound is fantastic, I really enjoy it..

I truly recommend them!![/quote']

I had the same experience of being away from EJ16s for a long time and then finding them to have excellent presence - especially on my AJ.

Archived