Gibson Brands Forums

For Those Interested in the ES-355

Epi_Insider

if only santa could put on a scratch plate ](*,) ](*,)

I certainly wouldn't buy one with it already installed. I think they look wrong, and so do empty screw holes... <_<

An LP Custom pickguard maybe... but even then, probably not.

I certainly wouldn't buy one with it already installed. I think they look wrong, and so do empty screw holes... <_<

It didn't bother John Lennon or the millions of other people that take the pickguards off of their guitars. The point is, it's a much bigger pain in the a$$ to get a new guitar and have to drill holes in it rather than just taking the thing off and having to deal with, gasp!, a screw hole showing. :o [scared] I could understand if it was a flame top Les Paul or something, but these are reissues of classic ES series guitars.

Are you going to take the pickguard off of your Wilshire? [lol]

how many of the shipment from the manufacturing plant in China do you think they actually quality check at Gibson USA? 1 in 10 maybe? I guess if there is a defect they'll be checking and fixing every single one that could be the reason for the delay of it hitting the US stores and its been available in China already.

It didn't bother John Lennon or the millions of other people that take the pickguards off of their guitars. The point is, it's a much bigger pain in the a$ to get a new guitar and have to drill holes in it rather than just taking the thing off and having to deal with, gasp!, a screw hole showing. :o [scared] I could understand if it was a flame top Les Paul or something, but these are reissues of classic ES series guitars.

Are you going to take the pickguard off of your Wilshire? [lol]

I'd love a rear routed Wilshire...but I don't think this one would look too good without a PG...

I just personally prefer the look without one on these...and I know screw holes, or screws don't bother most people...but I'm just not too crazy about them. I'd rather have a nice clean looking unnecessary hole free finish....

Archived