Gibson Brands Forums

Beatles signed album up for auction

Steven Tari

I have two grandsons aged 12 and 6 who have according to my daughter made their house Beatlemania central. They are huge Beatle fans, they know all the words and even what number they are on which album. Another victory for us boomers.

But I'm not going to buy the autographed album for them, it will probably bring big bucks.

I wouldn't doubt it. The auction has the buckskin jacket that John Wayne wore in Alamo, The wig Elizabeth Taylor wore in Cleopatra, Plus some other Cool stuff besides the signed album. I kinda keep up with those. Plus Coins, Guitars,Books and other things I like. Some day when I see something I want , I'll be able to make a bid from my house. The internet sure has made some things nice.

I don't know how many of these signed by the Beatles there are (certainly not many), but I do know that John Hall (CEO Rickenbacker) has one which his father got for him when he delivered Lennon's 2nd Rickenbacker 325 and Harrison's first Rickenbacker 12 string to them when they first came to NY in 1964. Wonder if this LP is his?

Bob

Archived