Gibson Brands Forums

Paul Yandell ,CGP, has left the building.

Searcy

Ohhhhh This is very true. my mistake. Steve Wariner is still with us too. I'll correct the topic headline to reflect the facts.

Later in life he lightheartedly gave himself (along with John Knowles, Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Wariner and Jerry Reed) the honorary degree CGP, standing for "Certified Guitar Player".[5] In 2011 Daughter Merle Atkins Russell bestowed the CGP degree upon long time sideman Paul Yandell. She then declared no more CGP's would be allowed by the Atkins Estate.

Ohhhhh This is very true. my mistake. Steve Wariner is still with us too. I'll correct the topic headline to reflect the facts.

Later in life he lightheartedly gave himself (along with John Knowles, Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Wariner and Jerry Reed) the honorary degree CGP, standing for "Certified Guitar Player".[5] In 2011 Daughter Merle Atkins Russell bestowed the CGP degree upon long time sideman Paul Yandell. She then declared no more CGP's would be allowed by the Atkins Estate.

Add Mark Knopfler to the list while you're at it, Searc!

Regards,

J/W

[thumbup]

If Mark isn't on it he should be.

[confused] I was under the impression that Chet bestowed the honor on Mark after they did the "Neck and Neck" album together...

:unsure: ... but I have been wrong before! [us "Godlikes" are only semi-infallible, you know, but with a better batting average than the "Popelikes"!] [laugh]

J/W

B)

I heard you was a godlike. I've been trying to get on your good side ever since. Can never have to many Godlikes in your corner I figure. [biggrin]

It's not all it's cracked up to be! "The Big Guy" gives us "Godlikes" all this "dark matter / dark energy" crap to deal with, plus the daily human intervention $h!t, uprisings, pestilences to mediate - you know what I'm talking about, dontcha?... :mellow:

... But we do our best. Anyhow, you're good with me, so don't sweat it, Searcy! [thumbup]

[PS: There are actually more "Godlikes" than there are good fingerpickers around!]

Regods,

J/W

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Archived