Gibson Brands Forums

OMG! EPI Traditional Pro W/HSC $350 at MF

musicmaker99

You have to call Musicians Friend to get the additional 15% off the $419 sale price. This brings the total with shipping and the Epi HSC to about $350. All colors are in stock except the Goldtop which is expected to ship in early Feb.

I've been gassing for a Trad Pro ever since they came out...love the chunky 50's neck! So, wouldn't ya know that just last night I put a 1996 Fender American Standard Strat on Layaway (at $550 I couldn't resist. It's in perfect condition and met my criteria of a maple fret board and sunburst finish)! Now I have to justify spending another $350. Hmm..............umm.......................er..........................o.k....I justified it.......my, that was easy! [thumbup]

UH, OH.....WHEN I CALLED BACK TO PLACE MY ORDER THE REP SAID THAT I COULDN"T TAKE THE ADDITIONAL 15% OFF MY ORDER. I TOLD HIM I WAS VERY SPECIFIC WHEN I CALLED EARLIER AS TO WHETHER THE ADDITIONAL 15% OFF APPLIED TO THE SALE PRICE OF $419 AND WAS TOLD IT DID (i.e. $419 minus 15%). I ALSO STATED THAT I WAS QUOTED A FINAL PRICE OF $356. ANYWAY, AFTER THIS REP TALKED TO HIS SUPERVISOR THEY APPROVED THE SALE BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WAS GIVEN INCORRECT INFO INITIALLY.

SO.................ONE GUY SAYS "SURE, YOU CAN ADD THE 15% DISCOUNT TO THE SALE PRICE" and another says: "NO YOU CAN'T". This seems to be a common theme these days, no one knows wtf they're doing.

Sorry if I gave out an incorrect quote. I guess you all can try and see how your luck is.

dv016jpglarge423561003m.jpg

Rumor is that you can stack the friend5 and reallywant12 promos an get 18% off. To quote Crazy Eddie, "The prices are insane!". Happy New Year!

It took it! Final price: $338.48. Hmmm...I wonder if I call if they'll knock off the addt'l $17.81 since I already ordered it over the phone? If you deduct the $89 for the free case the guitar comes in at $249![flapper]

Archived