Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul traditional pro goldtop???

meh

Hi guys, so recently I purchased my first electric guitar from guitar center labeled as an epiphone les paul traditional pro goldtop. I can't find any of these anywhere online which is strange. The serial number is 11071512397 which also doesn't seem to exist, just like the guitar. Apart from that, I love the guitar which is why I bought it. I love the feel of the neck. I'm not a total beginner though because I am a bass player and I started playing some on my old acoustic which is pretty bad. So can anyone tell me what is up with this?

Thanks so much!!!

Meh,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21424628/Welcome2.mp3

Congrats on the new guitar!

Would this be it?...(if you look at the pics and the drop down box it comes in gold.)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-Electric-Guitar-105939029-i1515777.gc

I'm not as good as most around here with the serial numbers but I imagine the 11 at the beginning signifies it was made this year.

Post some pics of yours if you get a chance.

Willy

Welcome to the forum meh. I'm fairly new here as well, but it's a great place to hang while learning about your guitar. Some manufacturers will make a limited run for large retailers that you won't find elsewhere. Guitar Center and Sam Ash are two that I know of. I've got two of them and IMO the Trad Pro is a great guitar, possibly the best bang for the buck right now among Epi Les Pauls. Edit: others beat me to it.

Hi

and welcome here [thumbup]

your guitar was made July 2011 at Gibson/Epi owned QingDao plant, China

Thanks I hadn't seen the serial number identification thread until right after I posted this, so thanks for that info.

SlashLPGoldtop_Splash.jpg

N_120111A2.jpg

Your second picture is different than the picture you chose from the post awhile back... they are slightly different and mine does have zebra pickups. The first one was a traditional pro. I don't know what the last one was but they also had different knobs. But Slash is my favorite guitar player :)

BTW: coil tapping rules!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived