Gibson Brands Forums

A few questions

DurrHurr

Alright, so I really want to get my first electric guitar, i want it to be from a known brand so it would be considerable quality.

But also don't have such a huge budget, so i chose Epiphone cause It's cheaper than Gibson.

What caught my attention was Epiphone's Les Paul Junior:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Junior.aspx

Cause It's the cheapest one and it says It's great for beginners, and i have no experience with an electric guitar whatsoever.

And the electric kit:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Epiphone/All-Access-Electric-Pack.aspx

Cause it doesn't say the guitar comes with any amp or other tools.

I heard some people say that an epiphone les paul is absolute scheisse and that i should just get a Gibson.

And I'm also wondering if any of these 2 products come with a USB cable for the guitar, so i could play and practice with the rocksmith game on my laptop, and can i buy the guitar and kit in a bundle and get a discount or something?

And does that store ship to Lithuania?

Id really like some help from the users and people who bought from here, If i should buy them or save up money a bit longer. I have about 50% saved so far for the total price of the guitar and the kit, which in total would cost about 414$

I can categorically state that the people who told you Epiphone Les Pauls are schitt are most likely Gibson cork sniffers who place all their stock in a name. I've owned 2 Epiphone Les Pauls, and they are ANYTHING but schitt. I'd put either one up against any Gibson out there. My old one was better than a '96 Jimmy Page Les Paul (which is a modified Gibson). The last Gibson I had (2008 Les Paul Classic) was a dud. Ignore these "experts" of yours, they don't know what they're talking about.

DurrHurr,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid I won't be of much help....hope other are.

I don't know much about the Rocksmith game. I also don't know what is available outside of the U.S. or what will ship to Lithuania.

What I can tell you is that you are correct in that the L.P. Junior is an entry level Epiphone.

It is available here for around $100 U.S.

It does not have a USB. It depends on an adapter cable.

I've seen what they call the Rocksmith bundle which comes with an Epiphone Junior, the cable and (I'm Guessing) the game? I think it cost for around $200 U.S.

I have seen the cable selling by itself lately. It has a standard 1/4" phono jack to a USB connected by an adapter.

They are selling for around $30 U.S.

If you have the game and buy the cable I am guessing you can hook up any regular guitar. (I have seen pictures of people using other guitars to play it.

We do have members from your side of the pond.

Hope others are more help.

Willy

Welcome to the forums DH, I hope you like it here.

I have seen the cable selling by itself lately. It has a standard 1/4" phono jack to a USB connected by an adapter.

They are selling for around $30 U.S.

If you have the game and buy the cable I am guessing you can hook up any regular guitar. (I have seen pictures of people using other guitars to play it.

Willy, I'm %98 sure the cable comes with the game, so any guitar can be used, the extra cables are sold so two can play the game at the same time.

I can categorically state that the people who told you Epiphone Les Pauls are schitt are most likely Gibson cork sniffers who place all their stock in a name. I've owned 2 Epiphone Les Pauls, and they are ANYTHING but schitt. I'd put either one up against any Gibson out there. My old one was better than a '96 Jimmy Page Les Paul (which is a modified Gibson). The last Gibson I had (2008 Les Paul Classic) was a dud. Ignore these "experts" of yours, they don't know what they're talking about.

Well, you have a beard, so i can't argue with you on that.

Also, i forgot to mention, can you play songs like back in black, thunderstruck, le grange, whiskey in the jar or master of puppets with the Les Paul Jr?

Sure, you can play anything with anything. I have an SG Junior that I could probably play anything with, although it's a little more predisposed to playing Blues-type stuff, cuz that's what I like to play. I've seen Kirk Hammet doing their stuff with a Jazzbox...not sure what kind, an Ibanez maybe? It ain't the guitar, it's the person playing the guitar. Duane Allman would have sounded Like himself with a Sears Harmony guitar.

Archived