Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

LSAR

Well, I haven't been on here much lately, and I don't think I've posted in over a week. Not really any reason, just spending less time in front of a screen lately... msp_cool.gif

Belated HNGD to me though, as I picked up an LP Special II GT last week, and it only cost me about $47! msp_ohmy.gif

I had $190 in gift cards that I recieved around christmas for a local music store, and they were just burning a hole in my pocket.

I had to do SOMETHING about that, right? huh.gif

I restrung her the other day, with some Slinkys, and gave her a pretty thorough looking over, and the only flaw I could find is a slightly crooked jack plate, but I probably won't look at my jack plate from that angle again, unless something needs to be fixed, so that doesn't matter.

The stock pups sound pretty good to my ears, bright and crispy.

The kill pot on the tone control probably won't get used much, as it crackles and isn't really more than a toy.

The trem will not come back in to tune if you divebomb, but seems to be okay if you only play with it VERY lightly. I put pencil lead in the nut slots, and on the saddles as much as I could, but I probably won't really be able to use it untill I change the tuners and nut, and give it a real set up.

That won't be for a while though, as I have a few things lined up for my future:

1. Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniversary and electronics are waiting to go in the LP Jr.

2. Various other upgrades for the LP Jr.

2. New pups and electronics, as well as a few other mods for my Wilshire.

3. A new amp sometime, and a few pedals.

4. A new body (and everything else except neck) for my EM-1, which has been in pieces and out of business for quite a while now.

5. Then mod the LP Special II GT.

No more guitars for me before I complete this list, then I'm gonna need a Gibson...

And yes, I know how worthless this thread is without pics, they'll come some time this week.

Anyway, I'm gonna throw a "Hello!" to all of you as well, just because this forum rocks!

Wait:

One more thing, I couldn't find a thread related to this, but I know Animalfarm (RIP) used to post it fairly regularly. How do you clean these finishes? Because the finger prints are drivin me nuts...

Archived