Gibson Brands Forums

Saw a used SG at GC

Birddog

Was looking at a used SG at Guitar Center last night. Don't know a lot about SG's and thought I check out this forum and get some advice. I found the guitar on their website but would like to know if it is a good deal.

I am going to call and try to get the model and serial number off of it.

Here is the link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-GIBSON-SG-STD-HERT-CHY-WC-107366189-i2342630.gc

Please let me know what you think. Really appreciate it.

Birddog

If it has been taken care of by the previous owner, it appears to be a fair price. The MSRP for a new SG Standard is $1998. Dealers usually sell below the MSRP. It might be worth checking to see how much they sell a new SG Standard for to see if waiting to buying a new one with full warranty.

Yes, that's a nice buy if it's in near mint condition. Note that if you like the sound of P90s, you can probably score a used SG Custom for a lot less money. It's got the the same bound fingerboard & inlaid logo, while subbing fingerboard dots & white button tuners. The more recent faded version of the Classic would cost even less. I consider these to be one of the best buys out there. Best of luck in your search.

If it has been taken care of by the previous owner, it appears to be a fair price. The MSRP for a new SG Standard is $1998. Dealers usually sell below the MSRP. It might be worth checking to see how much they sell a new SG Standard for to see if waiting to buying a new one with full warranty.

That's exactly what I was thinking, because mine was brand new for $1099.00 where I bought mine.

I just bought a used 2010 black SG Standard from GC last week. All it needed was a good set-up and now it plays like a god. Near mint. $800. Best deal I've found in a long time. Now I have the perfect contrast to my 2006 SG Classic with P90s and Bigsby.

And the best thing about buying from GC is the 30 day test drive. You can buy it, get it set-up and then see if it sounds right with your gear or in your band, etc.

post-41033-098497600 1330113009_thumb.jpg

Archived