Gibson Brands Forums

Bonfire in the snow

davidl

Spent an exceptional day stoking a fire with about a dozen friends. The temperature was just bove freezing but by the large fire you didn't even need a coat.

Lots of laughs, probably too many wobbly pops and wine and then retired to the music building and made some noise. Piano, a couple guitars and buddy on the blues harp and a singer.

A little slow today and a buddy is coming over around 3:00 for some guitar time.

More playing time this week than usual. Love it.

Dave

If it gets under 70F/21C, I need a coat no matter how big the fire ;)

We really do get used to the colder weather farther north.

In the fall when it gets down to temps in the 40's we're freezing our a$$es off but as the winter is coming to a close, 40 is downright balmy.

We were in the hot tub a couple of weeks ago with temps dipping to -22C. With a toque (winter hat for those unfamiliar) it was fine. Getting out and putting the lid on in the buff can get cold pretty fast. Especially bare feet on the snow.

Dave

We really do get used to the colder weather farther north.<...>

I know that. It was just some friendly teasing.

When I was young I spent a couple of years in Michigan, including winter in the Upper Peninsula where my car broke down in a -35F blizzard two miles from the nearest anything. I survived.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time!

I know that. It was just some friendly teasing.

When I was young I spent a couple of years in Michigan, including winter in the Upper Peninsula where my car broke down in a -35F blizzard two miles from the nearest anything. I survived.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time!

Definitely taken as such.

All good. [thumbup]

Archived