Gibson Brands Forums

True Vintage guitars

SRV-Zeppelin

Hey guys, I don't post a lot on the acoustic forums as I'm primarily an electric player, but I would eventually like to save up and get a Gibson acoustic and had a question. If I ever do get enough money for my 'dream guitar' (that is, a Gibson True Vintage SJ-200) to replace the old junky acoustic I have now, I'd want to have a pickup in it, so my question is this:

Can you get pickups factory-installed by Gibson in guitars from the True Vintage series?

I understand that Modern Classics come with the option of a p/u but in my opinion True Vintage just cleans the floor with any of the other Gibson acoustics. I don't want an electric-acoustic set up with the pre-amp and all the bells and whistles, just a simple p/u and jack- and I would absolutely not do modifications to a $5K guitar myself.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

SRV

TVs dont come with a pickup, so getting one put in would mean either a custom order= $$$ or after market work that affects instrument value. A better bet might [be an aftermarket] soundhole PU.

OTH, "wipe the floor" might be an over-strong characterization between the TV/MC series. The MC or Historic series might be fine for your purposes...

Archived