Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat colors

jaw468

Does anyone know what the different colors were that Wildkat were made in over the years?

Well, the "natural" is the stock color, although I have a Trans Orange, and I believe there is a thread on here about a "seafoam green" Wildkat as well. I've also seen photo's of red Wildkat's. Great guitar for the $$ btw... [thumbup]

The original issue options were Antique Natural, Turquoise, and Trans Black. The Antique Natural has varied over the years from a warm ambery gold to bright yellow to a pale tan.

In later years, Wildkats were offered in Sunrise Orange, Metallic Red, a kind of frosted cream-white, Metallic Blue, and the current Wildkat Royale, with Gretsch White Falcon-like gold hardware and gold sparkle binding.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a seafoam green/turquoise one at a shop in Singapore a few years back. Great looking guitar. I have been looking for one that color ever since. If anybody has one to sell (yeah, right), please let me know. I'm not thrilled to buy the natural finish model, but I might have to.

I tried a seafoam green/turquoise one at a shop in Singapore a few years back. Great looking guitar. I have been looking for one that color ever since. If anybody has one to sell (yeah, right), please let me know. I'm not thrilled to buy the natural finish model, but I might have to.

You might try one of the online dealers. I got my Trans Orange as a special order through Sweetwater. You'll need to talk to someone direct because they all list just the Antique Natural as the only color. Great guitar regardless of the color though!

Wouldn't happen to remember which shop, would you...? [cool]

You might try one of the online dealers. I got my Trans Orange as a special order through Sweetwater. You'll need to talk to someone direct because they all list just the Antique Natural as the only color. Great guitar regardless of the color though!

Good to know, I know if I get one it will be in the Trans Orange finish.. the best looking for a Wildkat in my opinion.

Archived