Gibson Brands Forums

ES 137

clpski

I am in the market for a Gibson 137. I would like to get it in silver, but have been told by Guitar Center that it has been discontinued, and there were only two left in their inventory. I am a couple of months away from my purchase, so I am guessing Guitar Center will be sold out at that time. I called Gibson, and they said that the 137 is currently only available in tri-burst and ebony. I am new to the brand, so I don't know there traits, but does this typically mean they are going to introduce a new color? Customer service would not tell me either way. Any thoughts or advice would be a big help

1330901896[/url]' post='1140926']

Get it in ebony.

You'll thank me later.

Yep I agree, Ebony would be a great choice. I have a Tri Burst ES 137 Custom. Beautiful guitar. ES 137's are probably one of the better value guitars in the Gibson range.

Ebony is a great choice, just thought the silver was different. Does anybody have an opinion on 137 vs 336?

I have one of each. The ES-137 I call "Dragon Breath" and the CS-336 is "Sweetness". They both rock but are totally different.

Archived