Gibson Brands Forums

(theoretical question) Is that great guitar replaceable?

Tim Plains

• 2 weeks later...
That's my point. Sure' date=' you can replace a guitar with a guitar, but it wouldn't be the same.[/quote']

I fully agree. I can remember how I got mostly every ding on my Sonex. To me it brings back the memories of playing out in my youth more than any picture. It may not be my soul mate, but I've had it longer than I've known my beautiful wife (hi Honey, just in case you're reading this).

That's my point. Sure' date=' you can replace a guitar with a guitar, but it wouldn't be the same.[/quote']

It might be even better.

That's the other point!

As you've possibly read in an earlier post of mine, I had my '64 Strat for 24 years. I thought that was irreplaceable. I was wrong. It hurt me to realise it, because I really, really loved my Strat, but even the Epi I bought as a stopgap until I found 'The One' was a better player than my Strat.

One problem which can arise (and it certainly happened to me) when you do find 'The One' is you stop looking; you've already found it and the quest is over. What if you keep looking? Might you find a better guitar?=D>

Archived