Gibson Brands Forums

New Cab Day

awel

Now thats sweet looking, why the lighter tolex? Do you gig? If you do thats going to get dirty real quick....

V30 best speaker they make IMO

Yes I gig, I know it will be dirty, but it will look even more vintage :)

And yes again about the V30, same opinion :)

I know the feeling there. I once had a new cab delivered to my work address. After work, I had to find a taxi that would accept it. I eventually did. When the taxi stopped, he stopped at the wrong side of the road. I grabbed the cab (which was in a box, making it more difficult) and started running across the road. It was wet. All of a sudden, a car came around the corner fast. I panicked, slipped and fell. The cab landed on top of me and took the wind out of me.

The taxi driver had to get out and lift the cab off me.

I know the feeling there. I once had a new cab delivered to my work address. After work, I had to find a taxi that would accept it. I eventually did. When the taxi stopped, he stopped at the wrong side of the road. I grabbed the cab (which was in a box, making it more difficult) and started running across the road. It was wet. All of a sudden, a car came around the corner fast. I panicked, slipped and fell. The cab landed on top of me and took the wind out of me.

The taxi driver had to get out and lift the cab off me.

Now that had to be something to see!!![lol]

That's a very professional looking job-I tip my hat to you.Vintage 30s are a great choice for speakers.What kind of wood did you use,3/4 birch plywood like Marshall does,and does it weigh as much as the Marshall 1960 cabs?I have 3 4/12 cabs and all except for my Marshall MG 4-12 weigh 90 lbs + and of course my Leslie is no featherweight either.I have to seriously think about my cabinet situation since I have degenerative disc disease as well as arthritis in my spine and after having a spinal fusion and as I posted earlier this week I was also just diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation.When I get back gigging again I'll have to hire a couple of roadies for sure.

That's a very professional looking job-I tip my hat to you.Vintage 30s are a great choice for speakers.What kind of wood did you use,3/4 birch plywood like Marshall does,and does it weigh as much as the Marshall 1960 cabs?I have 3 4/12 cabs and all except for my Marshall MG 4-12 weigh 90 lbs + and of course my Leslie is no featherweight either.I have to seriously think about my cabinet situation since I have degenerative disc disease as well as arthritis in my spine and after having a spinal fusion and as I posted earlier this week I was also just diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation.When I get back gigging again I'll have to hire a couple of roadies for sure.

Sorry to hear about you health problem.

It waights 110 lbs( 50kg), but it sounds incredibly well, I 'm sure the weight, influence a lot the sound.

Archived