Gibson Brands Forums

Green Epiphone real?

MrPenguin9

I am thinking about buying this green Epiphone Les Paul Studio, but I was wondering if it was fake/real

50066h4_20.jpeg

0336i8g_20.jpeg

2526fb5_20.jpeg

He said the Serial Number is EE04074191. Also is $330 a good price for an 8 years old Epiphone Les Paul Studio?

Thank you!!

Tyler

A bit hard to tell from those pics. Its looks legit to me, but I've never seen a green LP like that before! Doesn't mean its fake tho, My knowledge on authenticity is limited... Someone here should be able to answer that for you! As far as price, I'd say thats a bit steep for an 8 year old Epi Studio...

According to the serial #, your guitar was made at the "Good Luck" factory in China on March 17th 1998 ( St. Patrick's Day ).......

Production was limited to four per hour, making this guitar rare for an Epi Les Paul.....The PUs are "Leprecaun HB Limited".........

In time, the green finish will fade to a lovely patina........Congrats on owning such a nice Epi........

$330 is way too much for this guitar though........

According to the serial #, your guitar was made at the "Good Luck" factory in China on March 17th 1998 ( St. Patrick's Day ).......

Production was limited to four per hour, making this guitar rare for an Epi Les Paul.....The PUs are "Leprecaun HB Limited".........

In time, the green finish will fade to a lovely patina........Congrats on owning such a nice Epi........

$330 is way too much for this guitar though........

I'm surprised.... No shamrock decal. Did someone at least spill some fine Irish whiskey on it then.

Guinness Tribute Model, maybe?

If you're not able to examine the guitar yourself, it's sometimes impossible to predict what you might receive.

You might as for a clear picture of the back of the headstock showing the serial number.. if the EEs are larger than the numbers, it's a common characteristic of fake Epiphones.

If it's a genuine Epiphone, it may be somewhat unique, but still probably not as valuable as the asking price, and definitely isn't valuable if it's a fake.

Bill

I am thinking about buying this green Epiphone Les Paul Studio, but I was wondering if it was fake/real

He said the Serial Number is EE04074191. Also is $330 a good price for an 8 years old Epiphone Les Paul Studio?

Thank you!!

Tyler

Archived