Gibson Brands Forums

Other instruments

Lazerface

Guest farnsbarns

didgeridoo.. can play it ok but cant do circular breathing thing

It has never taken me more than 10 minutes to get a would be didge player circular breathing, PM me if you like!

Well... When I was a kid through part of college I played a lotta trumpet but after I got my front teeth knocked out, it went into the case never to return. The trumpet took over the piano lessons that ran from about age 5 through whatever you are in 4th grade when the trumpet took over. I can pick out major and minor chords on a keyboard but I ain't no keyboard player.

Played some harmonica as a kid (late teen type kid) up to maybe 22... then not much "need." A little 5-string banjo, a little mandolin and at times more than a little bass... I could probably handle a traditional country, old time or 50s-60s blues/rock bass gig but... with pretty basic playing until I knew somebody's book.

Oh, and I sorta tried fiddlin' at one point and gave up 'cuz every time I went to play Bile Them Cabbage Down or Black Velvet Waltz, the cat would vomit on the living room carpet.

EDIT: Forgot, back in my misspent youth I did some melody autoharp a la Carter Family.

m

It has never taken me more than 10 minutes to get a would be didge player circular breathing, PM me if you like!

I actually tried to PM you but it says you cant accept them?

Anyway.. Thanks for the offer man.. But im not that bothered lol.. I got it in Oz so its more of a souvenir than something im bothered about playing properly.. Plus I smoke too much so would probably have trouble keeping up any wind instrument for too long lol... :)

Guest farnsbarns

I actually tried to PM you but it says you cant accept them?

Anyway.. Thanks for the offer man.. But im not that bothered lol.. I got it in Oz so its more of a souvenir than something im bothered about playing properly.. Plus I smoke too much so would probably have trouble keeping up any wind instrument for too long lol... :)

I cleared some space, sorry. BTW I smoke too :unsure: it's not a problem at all.

Started off in high school playing flute {only boy in group of six girls [thumbup] } then drums for awhile, then rhythm guitar in bluegrass band until the bass player quit. Took over that and played it for 30 plus years. now doing bass & six string.

TC

Archived