Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Old stock 2006 ALLEYKAT HS

LPDEN

1331876718[/url]' post='1151165']

Unfortunately, that Alleykat is in the States; I'm not! Most won't ship form the US to Aus, and even those who are willing to get quotes for huge freight charges - I've been down that road several times. I did however just come across one in Aus (albeit in a different state, a long long way away). Not sure I could take a punt on a guitar without seeing it in the flesh, even if it is as amazingly beautiful as a sunburst Alleykat. Still mulling...

Yes that can be a problem. The solution is to have a reliable source in the states that knows how to safely ship internationally and handle the customs paperwork. It can be costly depending on the destination. Import taxes (VAT) like in Europe I have read many complain it adds alot to the cost.

1331885579[/url]' post='1151200']

I don't sell mine either, that's why I can hardly move around my place anymore, I need a bigger place, LOL.

We finished a partial addition to our home last year and one of my requirements was a dedicated guitar/studio room which my wife agreed to after a little disussion on the layout... Now the space just needs to be filled with more guitars and amps!

Yes that can be a problem. The solution is to have a reliable source in the states that knows how to safely ship internationally and handle the customs paperwork. It can be costly depending on the destination. Import taxes (VAT) like in Europe I have read many complain it adds alot to the cost.

There's no GST (VAT) taxes or customs on anything that can be landed in Oz for less than $1,000, that includes item price + shipping + insurance (if used), doesn't matter the origin. Over $1,000, that's another ballgame.

We finished a partial addition to our home last year and one of my requirements was a dedicated guitar/studio room which my wife agreed to after a little disussion on the layout... Now the space just needs to be filled with more guitars and amps!

Sounds like you've made a nice set up for yourself, I envy the freedom to do such things, unfortunately I'm a renter, and a pensioner in a government subsidized block of units, my 60 odd geets take up pretty much 3 of the 4 rooms.

About a year ago my place looked like THIS, since I've added 2 amps and 4 or 5 guitars, oh and a laser printer to do my own waterslide decals.

There's no GST (VAT) taxes or customs on anything that can be landed in Oz for less than $1,000, that includes item price + shipping + insurance (if used), doesn't matter the origin. Over $1,000, that's another ballgame.

Sounds like you've made a nice set up for yourself, I envy the freedom to do such things, unfortunately I'm a renter, and a pensioner in a government subsidized block of units, my 60 odd geets take up pretty much 3 of the 4 rooms.

About a year ago my place looked like THIS, since I've added 2 amps and 4 or 5 guitars, oh and a laser printer to do my own waterslide decals.

Wow, that's some layout and haord of guitars!! My wife would have me committed if I let my guitars overtake the house like that! [tongue]

By the way, it cwould be cool to convert the stove to an amp. Then it would blens in there in the kitchen!:lol:

Wow, that's some layout and haord of guitars!! My wife would have me committed if I let my guitars overtake the house like that! [tongue]

One of the advantages of being single, there's a link to pics of some of them in my sig.

By the way, it cwould be cool to convert the stove to an amp. Then it would blens in there in the kitchen!:lol:

Now that's a cool idea.

1331951929[/url]' post='1152153']

One of the advantages of being single, there's a link to pics of some of them in my sig.

Now that's a cool idea.

Amps like the Tone King Galaxy and such remind me of vintage 50's furniture disguised as amps

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the guitar a treatment with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 when I got back home tonight and WOW! The finish is like brand new with no evidence there were ever any swirlies, scratches or pick marks anywhere. I swear by the Meguiar products, they really do a great job! any time I have used it I followed it up with a Dunlop guitar cleaner and a polish and it's looks brand-new.

A formal note of thanks to LPDEN for this thread. It reminded me about the Alleykat, which had dropped off my radar in the "gotta own something with a minihumbucker" sweepstakes. Received delivery yesterday of a 2001 Samick-made Alleykat, and it's a very sweet instrument. Also picked up a bottle of Mequiar's Scratch X 2.0, so thanks for that one, too!

Archived