Gibson Brands Forums

Camera Riding the Shuttle Booster

rocketman

rocketman...

You may remember the name Robert Seamans... same sorta tech areas as you've played in, I believe, in his younger years.

m

He had a great career. If I could do 1/10th of what he did then I'd consider my career to be a huge success!

Just want to say:

After watching this vid and a few others on utube, I can't help but think how cool it was we did that, and how proud I am of all those that contributed and collaborated to make it happen.

It wasn't one man, it wasn't a few. It was lots.

A GREAT achievement.

Rocketman... Bob S. and I attended the same boarding school a generation apart, but his son was there when I was. He brought us an annual NASA report that was awe-inspiring in terms of vision.

All... I think "we" have truly lost something as it seems that as a species we've stopped looking at the world around our little planet as our rightful destiny. I think sometimes it's a shame the "cold war" went away because it encouraged all of us toward discovery of the needed tools for that exploration that were themselves important gifts to our collective betterment.

Even today we enjoy so many of the fruits of the space program in our daily lives that it's far too easy to forget that they came from our search beyond the terrestrial horizon. I think that when we stop dreaming, we just plain stop - and I'd hate to think that of us.

m

• 2 weeks later...

Archived