Gibson Brands Forums

Looks like the J45 dominated

brannon67

I think the J45 is reknowned amongst guitar pickers and others who know guitars. I think Gibson and Martin are the standard/s that guitars are usually measured by. These two are household names. I'm glad Gibson is being recognized for the quality of instruments that they make. To me, "the bird" just might be the most recognized name with the "general" public, but the J45 is a legitimate legend in its own right.

I own a lot of accoustics but am a fairly new J-45 owner. I like it more everytime I play it. As for Martin and Gibson being the most used guitars, I know I was 14 years old in 1968 and grew up listening to Martins and Gibsons being played by all my favorite artists from James Taylor to CSN&Y to Bob Dylan. I think it is natural to like the sound of a guitar that you grew up listening to on all your favorite albums.

The info is on the Gibson site. J45 is a great guitar. I was just going by what the article said, that the dominate guitar for the night was the J45. They said it was the unofficial, official guitar of the night. Just thought it was interesting. [thumbup]

Archived