Gibson Brands Forums

maybe some GAS, maybe growing into other sounds....

thejay

I seem to be going though a very interesting period with guitars and evaluating my current arsenal. I love all of them truth be told but I don't seem to play them all. I would love to be a collector one day and have tons of guitars but really I just want a few players... I seem to use BB (my trans black BFG) the most, I love this guitar and probably will never part with it. Ironically I seem to love Olivia, my Les Paul Vintage Mahogany quite a bit as well (so much so I bought another... worn cherry this time). The neglected... Alison, my GOW LP BFG, why? I don't want to wreck it, its just too pretty - is that wrong? If I want to play a BFG I pick up my other one, I love the unfinished neck. SG Standard - beautiful guitar and sounds great, I just don't favor it anywhere but the studio for quite awhile. Explorer - awesome, limited edition color (natural burst) same as the SG, studio use only. I played the SG and Explorer quite a bit for a couple of years but seem to sit in their cases most of the time. I am thinking of selling my SG Standard, Explorer and GOW LP BFG - b/c I simply do not use them as much as I would like to. I think guitars are meant to be played and I am certainly not in any position to collect guitars or just have them to have them. Guitars I would be interested in would be - Les Paul Goldtop (Standard, 57 or 58, I realize different guitars...) and a ES-335 or the new 330. I seem to have a big thing or P90s lately and an actual hollowbody with P90s I am sure would be a very unique guitar. Just curious if anyone else ever gets like this and/or what point I am at as a guitar player. Strange question I am sure but I am still curious if its a case of GAS or I might be leaning toward a different sound.... any thoughts?

I am still curious if its a case of GAS or I might be leaning toward a different sound.... any thoughts?

Likely a combination of both. I love my LP standard but I want to get a Strat for playing blues. Nothing to do with GAS, I just want to expand my sound. At the same time, I want a white LP Custom... purely on GAS.

Likely a combination of both. I love my LP standard but I want to get a Strat for playing blues. Nothing to do with GAS' date=' I just want to expand my sound. At the same time, I want a white LP Custom... purely on GAS.[/quote']

"expand your sound"... bullsh-t man!!! eusa_whistle.gif

I think the same everytime I go to the store I buy from and ask "did it arive?" (either the sg or the strat) .... but we should know better man... It`s plain GAS... that´s all.

I applaud you thejay because I wish I was like that (cool minded thinking: I will let go of those guitars I dont use) =D>

Archived