Gibson Brands Forums

1968 Gibson Les Paul Pro

slack jaw

Hey, I have a 68 Les Paul Pro with 3 double humbuckers. Does anyone else have or has seen one?? I was wondering how many were made, what they are worth and if there is anyway to search for it's information with the serial number. Thanks!

I will post a pic on here if someone can tell me how.

To post pics, get a free account at www.photobucket.com. Upload your photos, and then click on the IMG link under the photo (it should copy automatically) and paste it into your reply. Once you post it, the picture should appear. just make sure you use the IMG link and not HTML.

Good luck with your search!

...actually doesnt that mean they are humbuckers? (one set of screws per pickup would mean single coil... hell, maybe I'm wrong, that guitar is awesome!!!)

Beautiful guitar man, I love those pickups, are they aftermarket or original to that guitar? Maybe it came with p90s and they were "upgraded" later...?

I've seen one with such pickups before... but I cant remember right now who's guitar it was (A goldtop here in the forum... same pickups but only two of them).

You happen to have any more pics man? That thing is awesome! (Again, I love the look of those pickups)

And... is that the Schaller version of the TP-6 tailpiece... man I have a tp-6 in all my "stop tail-bridge" guitars! (well the gibson tp-6 in two and the schaller version in one).

Welcome to the forum by the way.

a les paul pro wasn't out in '68. they came out in '78. that nashville bridge also didn't exist in 68 but did in 78. the thick binding in the cutaway wouldn't be correct for late 60s either.

how did you come up with '68 as the date? what's the serial number?

Archived