Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio '60s tribute W/P90s Laidaway

eyerish

I got that AW Studio with the granadillo fretboaRD. i LIKE THE GUITAR BUT SAID i WOULD PROBABLY GO USED. sO AS TO GET THE MORE TRADITIONAL WOODS.

wELL i WAS AT A LOCAL MUSIC STORE AND FOUND AN EARLY 2011 '60S TRIBUTE IN HONEYBURST WITH THE NATURAL BACK AND ROSEWOOD FRETBOARD.

i PLAYED IT THROUGH A fENDER bLUES jR(i HAVE ONE).

iT SOUNDED FANTASTIC. i LOVE THE CLEAN,WARM AND POWERFUL TONE.

i PUT IT ON LAYAWAY.

hERE ARE A FEW CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS. i WILL TAKE BETTER PHOTOS,WHEN SHE GETS HOME.

60slp.jpg

untitled.jpg

60slp3.jpg

Hello Eyerish! Great guitar in great finish. I wanted to get one of those 50s Tribute Humbucker versions (not the darkbacks), but the european warehouse went out of the stock when I got ready to pull the trigger. In my opinion that's the best color option of the line. I only prefer the goldtop over it because of it's "historical value", being the first ever color for an LP. Congratulations on Your purchase! When I get home today, I will get my 50s Tribute GT (P-90 version) out of the case for a couple of hours - since I got my Classic Custom I almost forgot about Her...Those P-90 sound so great with a bit of Tube Screamer on an old tube amp. :) Cheers... Bence

Archived