Gibson Brands Forums

Where are the Les Pauls

Nic LP

Hi guys.

I recently went to both major music stores in Montreal, Canada and it seems like there's a shortage of Gibsons (especially Les Pauls). In fact, both stores has only a few studios and one Traditional. Just one Custom Shop, no standard, no new Classic Plus or Classic Custom, no studio tribute, etc... I never saw that in 20 years.

So : I was wondering if there's a connection with what happened last year with the rosewood thing (how crazy was that !). Was there a shutdown for a few weeks of the factory that could have cause this situation, or something else ? I'm looking forward to try these new models but the Gibson sections of both store are almost empty...

Thanks.

It's all down to the dealer. There's a "guitar town" area about 40 minutes train away from me called Ochanomizu. There are more than ten guitar stores with over 100 new Gibson Les Pauls. Not to mention the thousands of other guitars. I remember you mentioned Steve's Music. The one in Toronto had around 10 les pauls in there the last time I was in.

Kind of the same here, we have a few more Classic Customs coming in of late but obviously the BIG order is for the 2012 Studio, Standard & Customs due in the next few months...

Finally, I got myself a brand new Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio. [biggrin]

Archived