Gibson Brands Forums

Playing with a cast

nesster97

Good question.

I don't think it should have too much of an effect if it isn't hitting the guitar a lot, though I could see it wearing down the finish in certain spots over a long period of time...

Good question.

I don't think it should have too much of an effect if it isn't hitting the guitar a lot, though I could see it wearing down the finish in certain spots over a long period of time...

ok i should only have it until may and the cast is fiberglass

Sorry to hear about your wrist.........Broken bones aren't fun...I've broken arms, shoulders, ribs, etc........

You could wrap the cast in a soft cotton towel, or the like............

Sorry to hear about your wrist.........Broken bones aren't fun...I've broken arms, shoulders, ribs, etc........

You could wrap the cast in a soft cotton towel, or the like............

Thanks! ill try that it sucks my band is just gettin back together and my arm breaks :(

Well if it's a vintage SG, maybe playing it with the cast on will relic it. Give it more of a vintage look. I detatched my bicep two years ago and couldn't play for 2 months. I even tried pumping up my pain meds so it wouldn't hurt so much, but then my finger wouldn't work. Very frustrating.

Well if it's a vintage SG, maybe playing it with the cast on will relic it. Give it more of a vintage look. I detatched my bicep two years ago and couldn't play for 2 months. I even tried pumping up my pain meds so it wouldn't hurt so much, but then my finger wouldn't work. Very frustrating.

Aww man that sucks must hurt alot how did u do it? ya true it will give it a more

vintage look!

I wish it was some great story, like I had to lift a car off of a baby carriage, or something. I was mountain biking and took a tumble. It didn't hurt too bad, until later that night. I didn't know I'd detached it until I went and sawmy Doctor, the next day. It was all rolled up towards my shoulder. And you? How'd you earn your cast?

I wish it was some great story, like I had to lift a car off of a baby carriage, or something. I was mountain biking and took a tumble. It didn't hurt too bad, until later that night. I didn't know I'd detached it until I went and sawmy Doctor, the next day. It was all rolled up towards my shoulder. And you? How'd you earn your cast?

[/quote

aww man thats gotta hurt like a *****. Me i was longboarding and i fell and the doctors had to put my bone back into place :(

Les Paul and Mary Ford were driving back to LA after a gig somewhere in the Midwest (Waukesha, Wisconsin, I think) in the late 1940's, and they drove off an ice-covered bridge, wound up in the river. Les's right elbow was shattered in a few places and the doctor thought he might have to amputate. One of the other doctors said, "Hey, this is Les Paul--he's one of the greatest guitarists in the world--we've got to save the arm!" They told Les he'd never be able to move the elbow again, and asked him how he'd like it positioned--he said, "Point my wrist at my navel so I can play the guitar!" It took him about a year and a half to recover, but before he was out of the cast, he was cutting hit records with the guitar lying flat and his right arm in a cast, with the elbow immobile and the wrist mostly immobile. Now that's dedication!

Archived