Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar case today!

The neck doesn't set flat in the case above the accessories compartment though. I hope it don't cause problems.

Both of my SGs have TKL cases. I'll check that area near the headstock since I had not noticed that.

So you got the same type of case?

Mais oui! My favorite music store* sells them as "the Canada case" since they are all made by TKL in Canada. The one I got for my SG Classic a couple months ago has the same grey plush lining.

* www.elderly.com

If you are handy w/ tools and dont mind a challenge,you can take out the screws from the outside of the case that hold that brace in place,peel back the liner material at the top of the brace,shave the brace to your liking with a utility knife,carefully reglue the liner,cutting off any excess liner material,reinstall the screws,end of prob.Grats on the case.

Yes I love my new guitar case. It makes me feel better about my guitar than just throwing it in a bag because even though a bag may prevent a scratch it could still get crushed and a broke neck.

I heard in guitar reviews on websites that some guitar cases are not good if you were to accidently bump over the case, because the way the neck is held by the case and the headstock has that open space and could be subject to shock.

Understand?

It just snaps at the headstock.

That TKL case I bought seems pretty nice.

Thanks for the new case congrats!

Omg!! I want a case like this though!!... Except for an SG instead of a LP. Pink leopard skin is super pretty

I own a jacket that is pink and black leopard printed its super cute =)

img10085108908.jpg

Love that leopardskin look!

Auditioning for the New York Dolls with that jacket?

I checked my case and it does only support the neck South of the accessory compartment. Never had an issue and it appears to be OK. Guess if it wasn't someone would have raised a red flag on the design.

My SG Jr. has been in that same model TKL case since 1999. It's been dropped, chucked in the van during load out, been at the bottom of the cased instrument stack during road trip dates and never had a single issue. [thumbup]

Mine does seat properly over the accessory door tho, so you might have a QC miss, I'd return it for another one that is correct.

Might be a dumb question, but, Is it the case or is it your neck? If it is the case, can you create some sort of uniformed cushioned shim to set between the your guitar body and the case to help it seat better?

Or take it back to the store with your guitar to see if your guitar fits better in another. Did you buy on line or at store?

Archived