Gibson Brands Forums

Sometimes you just gotta...

surfpup

... pull all the sh*t off your pedalboard and start over... I'm abandoning the clean and dirty loop strategy. One signal path (into multiple amps of course).

What it looked like...

DSC_0011-2.jpg

What it looks like now...

DSC_0001-4.jpg

Well, it was kind of a pain in the a$$ to take everything apart, but I have a better sounding and

simplified board now. Looks like Imay even be able to get the wah back on board. Especially if

I sell the Dragon Fuzz which is a bit too high gain for me. Prolly should build a fuzz face clone

instead anyway... I still need to neaten up the power supply cords. Gotta make sure it's right first.

DSC_0002-5.jpg

Very nice! So tell us about your thought process for the final setup.

Well, I like wah first. Dirt comes second and modulation last (the standard order). But...

the vibe effects never sound right to me after dirt, so I put them between wah and dirt.

They get too trebley otherwise. Also I like my "booster" (COT50 in this case) in front of

the other dirt boxes so they drive the pedal rather than just boost the overall signal.

I set my amps "Wind Cries Mary" clean. That way the COT50 alone gets me into tight rock

(AC/DC maybe) territory. The dirt boxes can take it from there to insanity if needed.

That's my thinking anyway. [biggrin]

Archived