Gibson Brands Forums

I saw Vince Gill tonight

jannusguy2

I've always been so-so about Vince Gill (too commerical N'ville I'd say) but my wife is a big fan.

So I took her to Nashville last year (great excuse to go to Gruhn's) to see him at the Ryman as part of the Bluegrass series.I'm now a fan! It was a great show ... he is quite funny and certainly a great picker. No Gibsons here either but he recounted that story about using his education $ to buy his D-18 which set him off on his road to success. He also noted that his wife is great because she let him play golf everyday AND buy all the old guitars he wanted. I was glad for my wife to hear that!

I'm so-so about all those Wilco folks too. Perhaps I should try a live show. Nothing like a live performance to get to know an artist(s). Hope you enjoy!

Tweedy pretty much stuck to 2 identical double pick guard, stinger, blonde J200s, a Pelham blue SG and a cherry SG. I was looking for the Kessel, F25, etc. But, no such luck. Still more Gibsons than Vince. [smile]

Great show with a Nexo rig and a FOH engineer (and stage volume) that managed not to pin back my ears. Very pleasant. That's 2 in a row. Great music with great audio. I did a 6 band death metal package last Mon. and I wanted to stick needles in my ears.

Tweedy pretty much stuck to 2 identical double pick guard, stinger, blonde J200s, a Pelham blue SG and a cherry SG. I was looking for the Kessel, F25, etc. But, no such luck. Still more Gibsons than Vince. [smile]

Great show with a Nexo rig and a FOH engineer (and stage volume) that managed not to pin back my ears. Very pleasant. That's 2 in a row. Great music with great audio. I did a 6 band death metal package last Mon. and I wanted to stick needles in my ears.

No appearance of the old cherryburst J-45 with the sound-hole pickup? I'm going to see them in August -- can't wait!

No appearance of the old cherryburst J-45 with the sound-hole pickup? I'm going to see them in August -- can't wait!

You're in for a great show with a set list that spans the catalog. The Summerteeth stuff is still my fav and I still miss Jay Bennett.

Archived