Gibson Brands Forums

Musikmesse 2012

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks I share this video I just saw

the guitars I really liked all the guitars I heard on the clip

they play a B25 (loved the sound) a J200M (loved the sound) a True Vintage (really nice sound) and at 16:47 play the 1930's Rosewood J 200

check the clip out and thoughts on what you hear would be great :)

JC

WOW. If all those guitars were in my music room, I'd never leave it. I gotta say I preferred the J200TV's sound over the rosewood version, but aesthetically the 1930's is just stunning! Especially the pick guard.. WOW!

I think Juan Carlos has one of those 1930's on order... lucky bastard!

WOW. If all those guitars were in my music room, I'd never leave it. I gotta say I preferred the J200TV's sound over the rosewood version, but aesthetically the 1930's is just stunning! Especially the pick guard.. WOW!

I think Juan Carlos has one of those 1930's on order... lucky bastard!

I agree with you .

I guess the Red Spruce needs a break in ???

I was really lucky to find out about these when I saw a photo of John Sebastian playing the prototype at NAMM 2012.

I exchanged a couple of emails with JEremy at Fuller's and after checking with Don R at gibson we placed the order.

JC

I love the German translation. Apparently the SJ200 was introduced in 1934 and was very good from the start. Indeed, according to the nice baldy man (laut dem netten Kerl mit der Glatze), what really marks out the 'golden age' instruments is that they are very good. Informative stuff.

Apparently the chaps who built the golden-age guitars didn't know what they were doing, they just built great guitars. They built crazy guitars.

None more crazy than the 1934 SJ200, I suspect.

Unless it be the J45 Woody Guthrie.

Mythical beasts indeed!

Bring mir meine dirty bluesy Gitarre mit dem fancy Pickguard und dem rosewood Back! Sofort! Ich darf nur in G-Dur spielen!

None more crazy than the 1934 SJ200, I suspect.

Unless it be the J45 Woody Guthrie.

Mythical beasts indeed!

I think the '34 SJ-200 is a clear winner. After all, there's no evidence that Woody never owned a J-45. But "Sunny" Joe Wolverton's SJ-200 turned out to be a '38, and his was the only one that anybody ever claimed to be as e '34, so there's actually evidence against the existence of '34 SJ-200s.

-- Bob R

Archived